Friday, April 23, 2010

Way Back When....

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

Dear Paisley,
I got this "Show Us Your Life" from this cute little lady, Kelly, who blogs in Arkansas about her adorable little girl named Harper. I thought it'd be a good one to do so you could see how you came about! :)


Your daddy had just graduated from Delta State, and I was a freshman at Ole Miss. We both went to South Panola only he was 5 years ahead of me. I knew who he was, but he had no clue about me. On December 9, 2002, at South Panola's State Championship game in Jackson, my friend Chris had a "friend" that just so happened to be single (and adorable....thank goodness since you look just like him!). We tried to find him in the crowd of hundreds that were all bundled up in the freezing cold, but he was covered from head to toe in his hunting coveralls......strike one, no spark.

The next weekend, Chris gets us to "meet"....We met for the first time at your daddy's brother's house. I stood on one end of the living room, and he was on the other. That was until I looked up, and he had snuck through the kitchen and was standing right beside me. Nothing to talk about, nothing to do....strike two, no spark.

We hung out a few more times, talked on the phone, nothing dramatic. I was about to write the whole thing off, when something just clicked. He kept calling, and I couldn't stop thinking about him. I kept remembering the saying "Don't go a day without something you can't stop thinking about." So I didn't.

We talked everyday for 4 more years. We stuck it out through job changes, big moves, and long distance. On December 22, 2006, your daddy proposed to me in the same spot in his brother's living room where he had snuck around and met me back in 2002. The rest is history.....we've been married for 3 years this May.



Isn't it funny how things work out?!?
blog comments powered by Disqus