Friday, May 7, 2010

How You Got Your Name

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

Dear Paisley,
Today's Show Us Your Life from Kelly's Korner is how we came up with your name and others that we have picked out for future young 'uns. I like this post because I want you to know where we got your name, and why we picked it so you don't think we're crazy if you hate it later on.


Paisley Rae

I have always liked last names for kids, and I really like names that aren't typical or over-used. I like original, but not weird. When I was pregnant, I had so many names that I just loved, and I decided that when I mentioned one to your daddy and he said "that's it!" that I would be done looking and thinking of names at that point. We went through the whole family, and nothing worked....Sherwood, Slaughter, Russell, DaPrato.....none of that really fit a little girl. I was in love with the name Ainsley, but your dad wasn't sold on it. He liked Presley, which I did too, but thought there were a lot of those here lately. Then one day, your Nana said "Paisley". Brad Paisley has always been a favorite of mine and your dad's, but please remember this...we DID NOT name you after him, we just liked his last name. Not to mention it was almost a compromise of two names we liked. We knew you had to be a cute one to pull off a name like that, and, honey, it fits you to a tee!!! :)

Rae was easy. Your daddy's maternal grandfather's name was Ray. We wanted to use a family name, so we just made a feminine version of his name. And that, my dear, is how your name came about.

I've been getting baby fever here lately, so I've been thinking of baby names. We've decided that if we have a boy his middle name will be Thomas. Your daddy's middle name is Thomas, and that is also your Bok's name. First names, we like Rucker, Judson, and Jaxon (Jax).

If we have another girl, her middle name will be either Katherine or Rose, both of which were my grandmothers, and two awesome ladies that you didn't get a chance to meet. First names we like are Hadley, Aniston, Waverly, Stanley (my dad's name), or Nellie Kate (both of my grandmothers' names....Nelli was my paternal grandmother's maiden name, and Katherine was my maternal grandmother's name).

Anywho, that's that, and I'm sure things will change when we do get to having more kids.

Love, Mama
blog comments powered by Disqus