Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hotty not so Toddy

Ok, so Saturday wasn't the happiest day for us Ole Miss fans. What started out looking like a hopeful "W" in our column, ended up a big fat "L". But, I wiped my tears and hit the books....I'm going back to school in June to be a teacher. My husband is a teacher too, so the biggest plus is we will all have the same schedule. For years I have held us back from taking great trips or going certain places with friends because I've had to work, but not anymore! A few weeks ago, I took the Praxis I test - passed 2 parts, waiting on the results for the 3rd part. Two weeks from yesterday I will be taking the Praxis II in Math, which is what I am hoping to teach. I can't believe how much I have forgotten! I can't even remember how to use that expensive calculator we had to have back in the day for graphing....in fact, I can't even find it. Looks like I'll either be borrowing one or making a trip to the beloved Wal-Mart. They don't even make the model calculator I had to have back then. I had a TI-82. Now I think they're up to maybe TI-86?!?! Geez! It's only been 11 years since I (well my parents) bought that silly thing! No wonder I can't find it.....Anyway, I haven't even started school yet, and it's already crazy trying to find time for me to study with an 8 month old. Thank goodness for husbands and nap time! After a little bit of studying, and a slight brain overload, it was time to get ready for Halloween.





However, Paisley wasn't a big fan of the big furry pumpkin outfit.....




And she decided to take it off....


Since she wasn't fired up about the whole Halloween get-up, we loaded up and went to eat at one of our favorite places ever....The Lost Dog Pizza Co.! Our world isn't complete if we don't get there at least once every couple of weeks or so!!! My mom is even hooked, and we go whenever she's in town. Sometimes we'll stop on our way and pick some up if we're going home to visit. It's a neat little place with a tin roof, Christmas lights all year long, and the best pizza and chicken wings ever! They make all of their pizzas from scratch, and they even give the older kids a ball of dough to "practice" with. It's definitely a place to stop if you're ever in the Mississippi Delta!

This would make a good advertisement....a bottle and a slobber-soaked huggie! Ha! Anywho, got to get back to studying!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus